We are getting the new Visitors Information Center in Historic Deerfield ready to open at the end of April. Do you love Franklin County and want to share it with visitors? See below for more details.
VISITOR INFORMATION CENTER
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Visitor Information Center Volunteer will be an integral member of the Franklin County Regional Tourism Council’s team by being a first point of contact for visitors to the area and offering valuable information on what the region has to offer. In this position, volunteers will provide accurate information on area resources, directions, accommodations, restaurants, and special events.
The Franklin County Visitor Center is located in the heart of Historic Deerfield at 79 Old Main Street and serves 26 Towns in Franklin County and also carries official state tourism information as well as booklets from other Regional Tourism Councils across the state.
• Meet and greet visitors
• Answer visitor questions related to Franklin County resources, attractions, events, accommodations, and other related topics.
• Use brochures/maps/handouts or google to answer questions about the area
• Request visitors sing up for our mailing list and include email address and city and state
• Assist in restocking brochure shelves and keep space tidy and clean
• Work cash register for souvenir purchases
• Assist in opening and closing Visitor Center
• Direct visitors to bathrooms
• Be friendly, outgoing, and patient
• Have a welcoming and professional demeanor and appearance
• Have knowledge of Franklin County and be able and willing to learn about new resources and attractions
• Enjoys working with the public
• Excellent customer service
• Works well both as a team and independently
• General assistance
• Able to communicate information
• Working with people
The Visitor Center will be open Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4:30pm and Monday – Friday 8:30 - 4:30. Volunteer shifts most needed Fridays - Sundays.
Shifts will be from 10am - 1pm and 1pm – 5pm. Minimum committment of one shift per month.